Subject: Re: Strange galeon and mozilla behaviour
To: None <Knappe@tu-harburg.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/28/2003 09:04:41
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Frank Knappe wrote:

> Today I discovered a strange behaviour of galeon and mozilla.
> When I start one of this programs, the program window opens and everything
> seems to be normal. But after about 2s there more an more program windows
> open. The only way out od these is to kill the X-server or a CRTL-C if
> you are able to aktivate a xterm. Switching to a console would perhaps,
> too.
>
> I'm not sure when I compiled mozilla or galeon, but they are the newest
> pkgsrc versions. The last major compilations on these machine were
> on wednesday with a new libxml2 and libxslt and all their dependencies.
> I'm not sure if I used galeon afterwards.
>
> What can be the reason for this?

	I've seen this a few times on my 1.6.1_RC1 laptop. Other
	1.6.1_RC1 i386 boxes seem fine. It seemed to start after I
	enabled MOZILLA_USE_XFT (though I'm not 100%), deleting
	mozilla & reinstalling the binary package seems to fix it.
	I keep meaning to try to track it down.

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --