Subject: Re: CVS commit: othersrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/28/2003 00:55:22
On 27 Feb 2003 12:15:01 -0600, grant beattie wrote:

> That seems fine. I think it also makes sense for bsd.pkg.mk and friends
> to display a helpful message and die cleanly if the required tools are
> not found.

Speaking of, is there any chance that bootstrap-pkgsrc can be fixed
for Solaris?

Right now, /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc can't be used because the recommended
/usr/ucb/install trashes SUNWspro binaries when it tries to strip
them and /usr/sbin/install uses different arguments. And you can't
use std gcc version 3.x because it apparently isn't compatible with
how devel/m4's configure handles /usr/ucb/install's test for make.
And gcc version 2.95.3, if you do build it outside of pkgsrc, still
doesn't handle things like automatically including socket libraries,
etc.