Subject: Re: Openoffice-linux
To: None <Knappe@tu-harburg.de>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/27/2003 22:10:35
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 09:16:22PM +0100, Frank Knappe wrote:
> Because of the fact, that the pkgsrc NetBSD-native version of openoffice
> is quite old, I wanted to try the openoffice-linux version.
>
> I was able to install it. When I first wanted to run it as user,
> I had to make my personal installation which also worked fine. But when I
> now want to run it, I only get a core dump.
> trinity: {2} soffice
> Abort (core dumped)
>
> I have no experiences with analyzing core dumps. So what can I do, in
> order to find the reason for this?

install the openoffice-linux-1.0.2nb3 version of the package. I've just
committed it, so it may take some time until it shows up on anoncvs and the
mirrors.
The latest change to this package wasn't completely correct, it postponed
the creation of /emul/linux/etc/mtab to a too late stage of the build (which
now has to be done manually again, but we are working on fixing this).

Michael