Subject: Re: updating teTeX package to 2.0.1
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/22/2003 11:35:31
--Lb0e7rgc7IsuDeGj

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 11:30:32AM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:17:05 +0100 Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> >=20
> > btw. i would prefer having TETEX_NO_X11 option and correct the
> > packages accordingly.  i am using it on few machines without X for
> > generating some documents and i had to manually hack the packages.
> > i can take care of this later myself if you would prefer that.
> >=20
> > i don't think it's necessary to create -nox11 version of teTeX
> > packages
>=20
> it is. for the same reason always mentioned. A single package produces
> one binary (yes... there are a few exceptions, but the less we have,
> the better).

i understand but the point was that i expect almost nobody wanting
X-less TeX (at least i am not aware that anybody ever requested such
functionality) so i am not sure it's worth all that work making all
additional packages using either teTeX or teTeX-nox11.  at least i won't
do it, i'd rather keep a small local patch this way.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --