Subject: Re: installing devel/ncurses under Linux
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2003 12:16:20
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> recall that there were some issues with Debian and curses...

I see the INSTALL document says it only does the renames on Linux Debian.
I propose we add "--without-manpage-renames".
(I also removed that /etc/debian_version file that the configure checked
for.)

Adding

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --without-manpage-renames

worked for me.

Now to see why --without-curses-h is not being used. Ignore that. For some
reason it installed correctly this time.

Anyways since curses.h is the default; maybe it should be installed that
way except under NetBSD. Any comments?

Also, shouldn't clear, tput and tset (and man pages) be installed?

I'd install them even if under NetBSD, since they would default to
/usr/pkg/.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/