Subject: Re: GNOME 2 packages
To: Benedikt Meurer <Benedikt.Meurer@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/06/2003 19:21:57
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:00:18 +0100
Benedikt Meurer <Benedikt.Meurer@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

Hello,

> I just wondered if anybody has started to package the GNOME 2.2
> framework? If so, I would like to know the state of the packaging
> process.

We already have several gnome 2 packages in our pkgsrc tree, some of which
have been updated to their 2.2 respective versions. Anyway, the GNOME 2
desktop as itself does not work yet.

If you are going to update some of the packages, I would like to ask you
to ha hang on. I have to commit several changes to the GConf2 and gnome-vfs2
packages, which means that most of the other gnome2 packages will need a
review, and I will take advantadge to update them to the 2.2 platform too.

Regards

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>