Subject: Re: gcc3 pkg as main pkgsrc compiler
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/03/2003 02:58:14
On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> I'd be highly interested in a detailed article/instructions on how you
> replaced your system with what in effect is syspkgs-for-linux.  I'm sure
> we would gladly place such documentation on our website.

I am giving a presentation this Saturday in Seattle, Washington USA about
building Linux from scratch for http://www.gslug.org/. This lecture will
cover the essential software for a open source operating system: what is
needed, how it was patched and installed. Then I will be discussing the
tools (NetBSD pkgsrc) used to organize and package all this.

So after Saturday, I should have all my notes compiled for an article or
instructions.

Anyone on this list in the Seattle area?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/