Subject: Re: Strange version problem
To: None <Knappe@tu-harburg.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/02/2003 21:10:52
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Frank Knappe wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>
> > > # Fetch mplayer/MPlayer-0.90rc3.tar.bz2 (3285759 bytes):
> > >
> > > Why does pkgsrc tries to fetch rc3 instead of rc13?
> >
> > It's my fault -- I named the the 0.90pre3 package '0.90rc3', because
> > we have support for "rc" version numbers, but not "pre" (or not to my
> > knowledge, at the time). So to distinguish, when rc's came along, I
> > just added "10" to the bona fide "rc"'s. There really is no rc13.
> > There may be an rc4 before the final, but hopefully, that'll be it.
>
> I'm afraid that I don't understand all.
> So, the downloaded tar.bz2 file is the newest one and should compile?

Yes.

> Unfortunatly it doesn't, there are checksum errors. IIRC regarding
> teh skin files (Right now I'm running W2k, so I can't check).

The skin files are completely seperate from the main distribution, and
they're evidently updated frequently. I see they're versioned now --
I'll update the package to use the versioned files, and copy them to
${MASTER_SITE_LOCAL}. In the meantime, you could either set
NO_CHECKSUM=yes, or try plain "mplayer".

Frederick