Subject: Re: GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX and bootstrap
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/20/2003 13:01:40
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Jan Schaumann wrote:
>
> > When bootstrapping on non-NetBSD systems, we determine if pax is needed,
> > and if so build and install it as well as specifying GTAR in the
> > mk.conf.example file as ${PREFIX}/bin/tar.
> >
> > Am I correct assuming that this should be
> > ${PREFIX}/bin/${GNU_PROGAM_PREFIX}tar or am I overlooking something?
>
> I think that would be too confusing (if I understand you correctly).

You don't. :-)

GTAR, the variable pointing to GNU tar, is set to point to
/usr/pkg/bin/tar -- but gtar, GNU tar, is installed as
/usr/pkg/bin/gtar, at least per default and AFAICT.

I'm saying that GTAR (the variable) should point to /usr/pkg/bin/gtar.

-Jan

--
I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.