Subject: Re: installing libs from lang/gcc*
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/15/2003 19:39:53
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Frank Cusack wrote:

> > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           34 Jan 13 18:09
> > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 -> /usr/gcc3-3.2.1/lib/libstdc++.so.5
> >
> > > Is this on Linux?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> huh.  On NetBSD it didn't do that.  My only /usr/lib/libstdc++ is
> version 4, from the system gcc AFAIK.

Sorry about the confusion; my first email said I made symlinks.

I don't have a system gcc -- I only have gcc as installed via pkgsrc.
(Okay, I did at one time, but it is long gone.)

> My own gcc3 is, well, my own.  I don't think the pkgsrc version works,
> it was just my own install and I got confused (didn't install correctly
> or whatever).

It works for me (under Linux). I have been using it since last month to
compile lots of software.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/