Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/x11/gtk2-engines
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/05/2003 16:57:06
Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org> writes:

> > Is this a bug in the pkgsrc libtool or am i just missing something?
>
> Its not a bug its a feature. gtk2-engines builds its own copy of libtool
> --disable-static we build pkgsrc/devel/libtool-base --enable-static.

I'm not sure about calling it a feature, but it certainly appears
to be normal behavior.  I built a stock 1.4.3 libtool (why does
pkgsrc have such a bizarre and ancient version of libtool
anyway?) and replaced the gtk-engines-provided libtool with this
and got the same results.

Still, these files serve no purpose other than to bloat the
package size.  Can't they just be left out of the package even
though they are built?

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett