Subject: Re: pkgsrc compilation failure on redhat linux 7.2
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/2002 14:45:39
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> > > gcc -I. -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I./missing -DNEED_HOST_CDEFS_H
> > > "-D_PATH_DEFSYSPATH=\"/usr/pkg/share/mk\"" -DMAKE_BOOTSTRAP    -c -o
> > > compat.o compat.c
> > > compat.c: In function `CompatRunCommand':
> > > compat.c:318: incompatible type for argument 1 of `wait'
>
> I have had same problems.
>
> > What version of gcc is this?  If it happens to be 2.96 or 3.x, could you
> > try with 2.95.x and see if that works?
>
> This made me realize that may have been the change on my system. I was
> using Debian Linux packages gcc 2.95.4-15 and gcc-2.95 2.95.4-10. (I
> originally used that to build my bmake, et cetera via bootstrap-pkgsrc.)

Actually, disregard my comment about gcc.  I applied a couple of changes
yesterday.  Please update all of bootstra-pkgsrc, and make sure that you
get rev 1.6 of pkg_install/lib/pen.c (that was the last change I
committed).  Then try again and let me know -- I tested it on Debian and
RH, and it appeared to solve the problems.

-Jan

--
I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.