Subject: Re: pkg/19494: portable pkgtools/pkg_install won't build with db support
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/24/2002 03:16:12
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Also, pkgtools/pkg_install/Makefile should include
> .include "../../databases/db/buildlink2.mk"

I've done this, and also set USE_DB185 since that appears to be
what's required.

> > you'd bootstrap pkgsrc since building and installing databases/db would
> > require the pkg_* tools to already be installed.
>
> I'll just have to start with a pkg_install binary (built on another
> system). But it does need to be able to build for when updated pkgsrc
> forces a new pkg_install.

You should be able to start from bootstrap-pkgsrc on a system
without Berkeley DB (modulo the other problems you're having on
Linux). The resulting pkg_install will lack some functionality
that's conditionalized on HAVE_DBOPEN, but should work well enough
that you can install pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install, which will pull
in databases/db if necessary.

- Amitai