Subject: Re: CLASSPATH/_JAVA_CLASSES_ZIP and wonka
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/23/2002 21:57:45
On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 03:54:33PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	CLASSPATH and _JAVA_CLASSES_ZIP are set in bsd.pkg.mk, but in
> 	the wonka case I think it seems to make more sense to set them
> 	to ${PKG_JAVA_HOME}/lib/wre.jar: rather than
> 	${PKG_JAVA_HOME}/lib/classes.zip:
>
> 	Any objections to moving them to mk/java.mk instead?

It'll be hard to move it (check the comments above CLASSPATH) since java.mk
is included before bsd.pkg.mk by package Makefiles.  It's probably easier
to include some sort of override for those variables in
wonka/buildlink2.mk, although that doesn't deal with packages that don't
use buildlink2.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>