Subject: Solution: build problem with comms/minicom on Darwin
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/23/2002 18:43:31
Ok, I've gotten minicom to compile under MacOS X v10.2.3 by making the
following change after it fails the first time on the build (you have to
let it unpack and patch before you can make the changes).

First, sorry I don't know how to build a patch so here is the work by
hand.

File: ${pkgsrcdir}/comms/minicom/work/minicom-1.83.1/src/windiv.c
Line 16 which reads "#include <dirent.h>"
Add "#include <stdlib.h>" above it.

For it to install correctly you have to create the "uucp" user.  Adding
it to /etc/{passwd|master.passwd} is not good enough.

You then have to movify the file:
	${pkgsrcdir}/comms/minicom/scripts/create-dev-link

And comment out lines 15 - 20. (There is perhaps a real fix for this
bit of code, but if you don't want to install the package then don't
run bmake install ;)

Minicom will then install and load.  My serial dongle is on the way
so I can't test it against any of my other equipment here yet.

-Sean