Subject: Re: imap-uw and Malformed conditional ((${USE_KERBEROS} != "no"))
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/15/2002 03:18:19
Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

>well, i don't think it should use Kerberos by default since pkgsrc is
>not only for NetBSD and it may fail to build.  so if you are going to
>initialize USE_KERBEROS, don't forget about those systems and make it
>"no" if KERBEROS and USE_KERBEROS are not defined.
>
>i'd rather see this as IMAP_UW_KERBEROS set in bsd.pkg.defaults.mk to
>"no" and don't try to be too smart.

Well, I don't think that IMAP_UW_KERBEROS is a good idea, because
either you are running kerberos or you aren't.  I don't think that
it would make sense to have to turn it on or off on a package by
package basis.

As for default support, it should be trivial to have the default
values for Kerberos support depend on the operating system.  I
understand that we support many other operating systems, but this
is a NetBSD project and I think that on NetBSD the defaults should
reflect what is NetBSD project policy.  Since Kerberos is enabled
by default in NetBSD, I think that we should enable Kerberos by
default for NetBSD in pkgsrc whenever we can.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/