Subject: has anyone had any luck with binary (i386) mozilla-1.2.1 and phoenix-0.5?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/14/2002 20:42:15
Has anyone had any luck with binary (i386) mozilla-1.2.1 and phoenix-0.5?

Neither will run when installed as a binary package.  They start, do
some chatting with the Xserver, but then before they do anything else
they hang in a select() and never come back to life.  BTW, the same
thing happened with mozilla-1.1nb1 and phoenix-0.4.

I am getting a lot of weird exits with both these releases on the build
machine, a P-Pro.  Not core dumps -- just sudden exit code 11's
(whatever the heck that means), usually on some mouse click.  Both
releases work fine when built on another machine, the other being a
P-II, and with the only significant difference I can find being that the
latter system still has png-1.2.4 and the former (the one where they
die) has png-1.2.5.

--
								Greg A. Woods