Subject: Re: Ximian soup (pkgsrc/devel/soup) beta package
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/14/2002 00:11:37
On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 @ 10:44pm (-0500), Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

BAS> ...please feel free to test...first time i've put together a pkgsrc Makefile
BAS> so feel free to berate me if i've done anything obviously wrong.
BAS>
BAS> "Soup is a SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) implementation in C.
BAS>
BAS> It provides an queued asynchronous callback-based mechanism for sending and
BAS> servicing SOAP requests, and a WSDL (Web Service Definition Language) to C
BAS> compiler which generates client stubs and server skeletons for easily calling
BAS> and implementing SOAP methods.
BAS>
BAS> It uses the Glib main loop and is designed to work well with GTK
BAS> applications.  This enables GNOME applications to access SOAP servers
BAS> on the network in a completely asynchronous fashion, very similar to the
BAS> Gtk+ programming model (a synchronous operation mode is also supported
BAS> 	for those who want it).
BAS>
BAS> The WSDL compiler will help you make your applications interoperate
BAS> with services that expose their descriptions through WSDL.
BAS> ..."

BAS> http://digitalfreaks.org/~lavalamp/netbsd/soup_nbsd_pkgsrc_ll_beta1.tar.bz2
BAS>
BAS> MD5 (soup_nbsd_pkgsrc_ll_beta1.tar.bz2) = 6b0c3438303263c7fb2ca9a964d071e7

...updated version with initial PLIST and buildlink2.mk included:

http://digitalfreaks.org/~lavalamp/netbsd/soup_nbsd_pkgsrc_ll_beta2.tar.bz2
MD5 (soup_nbsd_pkgsrc_ll_beta2.tar.bz2) = 6b7aa2384c7700367b0bcc569c6ef417

BAS> thanks,
BAS>     -lava

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: 0111 4618 0111 4618 4AB2 24EB C853 6611 75C4 A91E A7A7 4973

"Any sufficiently advanced card game is indistinguishable from magic."