Subject: Re: Zoularis/Solaris 9
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/14/2002 00:02:56
On 13 Dec 2002 17:55:01 -0600, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> * On 2002-12-12 at 21:23 GMT, MLH wrote:
>
>> 2) What is the proper mechanism for building X-based packages
>> without trashing /usr/X-> /usr/openwin?
>
> I use pkgtools/xpkgwedge on my box as /usr/openwin is on NFS which I
> don't have root on.  It's defined NOT_FOR_PLATFORM=SunOS-*-* but I've
> yet to hit a problem with around 60 packages installed.  Installs
> everything under ${LOCALBASE}.

Thank. I moved from my old Zoularis environment to the new bootstrap,
 http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html#bootstrap
and I don't know how to handle the ln problem that I think I saw
someone else mention:

===> Extracting for xpkgwedge-1.7
===> Patching for xpkgwedge-1.7
===> Buildlinking for xpkgwedge-1.7
ln: /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/xpkgwedge/work/.buildlink/bin is a directory

I installed these along the same lines as I did for Zoularis.  What
am I missing? (Any chance of getting some more hints regarding
setting this up in the packages.html instructions?)