Subject: Re: games installation
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/13/2002 00:05:24
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Julio Merino wrote:
> I've been looking inside the games category and it seems that no package
> installs files inside ${PREFIX}/games... while games should be there, right?
> At least, we are creating the games subdirectory from NetBSD.pkg.mk (and
> others) so it should be used. Why are them not beeing installed in this dir?
> Should we change this? (Lots of work...)

Definitely not.
We have a pkg system that helps keeping files apart, no need for
$PREFIX/graphics etc. either.

Just because the base NetBSD OS has /usr/games doesn't mean we should do
that seperation in pkgsrc too.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html