Subject: Re: Getting Packages commited.
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/10/2002 19:46:42
On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 09:50:42PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 08:07:20PM +0000, Ceri Storey wrote:
>
> > Saying that, I guess it's a matter of
> > wether anyone reads *every*single* pr that comes in :)
>
> Yes, certainly, many people do that. Its a matter of the right person
> (the one feeling ok to handle the specific topic) having enough time
> at that time.
>
> Every PR is assigned a responsible party (pkgsrc-manager or something similar
> in your case) and those are repeataly naged about the outstanding PRs until
> it is closed.

Does having a PR owned by a generic name (like "pkgsrc-manager") count
as having an owner? It doesn't feel that way. Personally, I'm much
more comfortable emailing a specific person vs "dear sir or madam".

I have several PRs open and I don't think very many of them are owned
by someone with a non-generic name.

"It sounded pretty good, but it's hard to tell how it will work out
in practice." -- Dennis Ritchie, ~1977, "Summary of a DEC 32-bit machine"