Subject: mod_perl & unsupported relocation type 10
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Eggert <danieleggert@mac.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/10/2002 07:36:40
I'm unable to get mod_perl to run on 1.6-macppc. All I get is
     Syntax error on line 212 of /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
     Cannot load /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/mod_perl.so into server:
/usr/pkg/lib/httpd/mod_perl.so: Unsupported relocation type 10 in
non-PLT relocations

It's been posted as PR pkg/13771:
     http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=13771

This 'fix' has been supposed,:
     http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-powerpc/2002/06/15/0003.html
But Jason R Thorpe noted, that this patch is not correct:
	That reloc type is not a PIC reloc.  If it is present in the mod_perl
	module, it means that it was not compiled as PIC code, which is the
	real problem.

Does anyone know, if there's a work-around? I'd very much like to get
mod_perl working on my NetBSD macppc machine.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Daniel