Subject: Re: bootstrapping Zolaris under MacOS X 10.2.2 problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/02/2002 21:48:46
Ok, I've found a fix to this problem.  You have to do the following:

(this is probaly a cluge, but works)

Here is how I got past the errors in groff:

  cd /usr/share/groff/1.17.2/tmac
  sudo cp -Rp * ../../tmac/

Then edit a file in /tmp/ (you have to do this in a file 'cuz as far
as I can tell sudo hates loops) and put this in to it:

  for LOOP in *.tmac
  do
    echo "Working on $LOOP"
    BAR=`echo $LOOP | sed 's/\(.*\)\.tmac/tmac.\1/'`
    echo "  Copying $LOOP to $BAR"
    cp $LOOP $BAR
  done

then, in the /usr/share/groff/tmac directory run the command:

  sudo ksh /tmp/tempscript

and all of the files which are currently blah.tmac will get copied to
tmac.blah (which is what the install tool is expecting). Now go
and remove the bootstrap-pkgsrc tree and unpack it again.  Run your
bootstrap command and see what happens. If you havn't installed
ksh bash will probably work as well (I don't think sh will though,
not sure didn't test.)

Now blow away the bootstrap-pkgsrc tree and unpack again (it won't
complete with just another bootstrap) and then run your bootstrap
commmand.  It will not complete (if you run in to any errors try
updating your pkgsrc tree.)

-Sean