Subject: Re: automatic replacement of locale directories in buildlink2
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/27/2002 13:03:58
On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 03:50:17PM +0100, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> patch for mk/buildlink2/bsd.buildlink2.mk is attached.  instructions for
> converting packages are:
>
> - remove all patches for PKGLOCALEDIR
> - remove MAKE_ENV and CONFIGURE_ENV PKGLOCALEDIR variables
> - add USE_PKGLOCALEDIR= yes

Is it worth turning on USE_PKGLOCALEDIR automatically if
GNU_CONFIGURE=yes?

We could, of course, create a list of OPSYSs which need to be hacked
on, so that it is not invoked unnecessarily. That would create far
less maintenance, since we would no longer need to know about broken
packages and modify them accordingly.

Is there any possibility of screwing up a package by turning on this
behaviour automatically?

Other than that, this is great - I hacked on gtexinfo locally, nuked
seven(!) patches and it worked perfectly!

g.