Subject: bootstrap-pkgsrc on IRIX
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/25/2002 13:32:39
[Resending; the mail probably got filtered out due to the attachments
 which can now be found at
 http://guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/irix.bootstrap-pkgsrc.tar.bz2]

Hi all,

Attached are patches and additional files that will bring
bootstrap-pkgsrc to IRIX (and IRIX64).  If somebody could look over
those and make improvements/suggestions etc. before I commit it I'd
appreciate it.

You will notice that this kit also builds and installs NetBSD's
'install', as taken from /usr/src/usr.sbin/xinstall -- that is b/c IRIX'
install uses '-u user' instead of '-o user'.  I figured other operating
systems might also have (otherwise) incompatible install's, so I
included it.

IRIX has /usr/freeware/bin, where GNU tools etc. may be installed --
I've tried to not rely on the existence of these tools, as I'm not sure
if other IRIX installations might have left these out.

The pkgsrc-tools that I bootstrapped with these patches seem to work,
even though I ran into a few issues that will need some more attention.
So far I've installed libtool-base, digest, gettext-lib and gzip-base
using pkgsrc on IRIX, but will need to look into an issue with gtexinfo
(I believe it's got to do with buildlink2's shell-wrapper for cc).

As I said, comments welcome...

-Jan

--
Wenn ich tot bin, mir soll mal Einer mit Auferstehung oder so
kommen, ich hau ihm eine rein! (Anonym)