Subject: Re: bootstrap-pkgsrc: $pkgdbdir vs. /var/db/pkg
To: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/25/2002 00:48:22
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, grant beattie wrote:
> Yes, perhaps a warning should be generated if the default pkgdb
> directory already exists or if we're running on a platform with known
> potential clashes.
>
> I came across this while putting together FreeBSD support. It didn't
> bother me since I wasn't intending to use ports at all ;-)
>
> The conflicting pkg_* tools were slightly annoying, though 'rm' can
> deal with that. :)

That's not enough, unfortunately.
If I use the mk.conf.example file generated right now, pkgs will end up in
the db-dir I give to the "bootstrap" script. But when I then just type
"pkg_info", I don't see anything as it looks in /var/db/pkg.
That's what my patch solves.

So, are there any objections to commit this?

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/