Subject: Fixing linuxls...
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/24/2002 17:57:04
Hello

I've found that dircolor's manpage, contained in misc/linuxls, has a bug.
It says that the configuration file is found in $PREFIX/etc, while this is
not true (because linuxls supports PKG_SYSCONFDIR).

The fix is very simple: you have to replace the XXX_PREFIX_XXX string to
something more reasonable (for example, XXX_PKG_SYSCONFDIR_XXX) and then
fix the Makefile to set the value of $(etcdir) to that variable.

The problem is that I do not know how to manage this. linuxls has a
"distribution" patch, which is applied before netbsd specific patches.
(just to say that patch-aa patches lots of files, and is not in the "regular"
unified diff format, which makes things a bit more complicated). How should
this be fixed? I mean, how patches should be generated?

Thanks

--
Julio Merino (http://jmmv.dyndns.org/) <jmmv@menta.net>