Subject: Re: html doc location
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/21/2002 09:17:17
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, James K. Lowden wrote:

> I don't like /usr/pkg/share/doc/html/<package> because I generally don't
> like naming directories according to the format of its files' contents.  I
> look for documentation for <package>; the format of that documentation is
> not in my search criteria.

One reason could be that you could easily point a webserver's document
root to that single /usr/pkg/share/doc/html directory to serve up
documentation for various applications. (But, I don't know of any security
impact of these docs for the local system or end-users, especially when I
hear there are many ways to compromise Windows systems through MSIE.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/