Subject: Re: bsetroot in {black,open}box
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/20/2002 13:02:40
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

> Maybe rename the openbox versions (and future hackedbox versions)  to
> something like: openbox-bsetroot and openbox-bsetbg (and
> hackedbox-bsetroot and hackedbox-bsetbg).

Not a good idea, since their themes (which can be shared among the
different window managers) all call 'bsetroot'.  We'd have to patch the
provided themes and warn the user that all additional themes they might
install would also need this change.  Cumbersome.

> Now that I think about it, the sh script bsetbg and the executable
> bsetroot are useful for other packages too, so having a separate package
> is a good idea.
>
> (This reminds me: someone mentioned some OpenBSD ports features for
> building multiple packages from same ports source.)

Yes, that would be good.  I'm currently creating a package for bsetroot,
using the blackbox tarball.  The problem is that the bsetroot tool
links with several of blackboxes object files, so I end up almost
building blackbox.

-Jan

--
ttp://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/DeCSS/Gallery/