Subject: Re: gtar update
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/18/2002 12:37:27
On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> attached is a patch which updates the gtar packages to 1.13.25, including
> 2 security fixes pointed out by Jeremy C. Reed.
> I've done minimal testing, it seems to work fine. I'll try to do an amanda
> backup and restore tomorow. If this works I'll commit it, unless others find
> problems in the meantime.

Thanks.

Note that my changes added a few manual page entries. I don't use them.
And didn't test.

+.It Fl -force-local
+Archive file is local even if has a colon
+(looks like a remote tape drive name).

+.It Fl -recursive-unlink
+Empty hierarchies prior to extracting directory.

+.It Fl U
+.It Fl -unlink-first
+Remove each file prior to extracting over it.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/