Subject: glu, glut, Mesa
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/15/2002 11:24:53
Hi all,

We currently have graphics/glu, graphics/glut and graphics/Mesa.  'glu'
is only installed if it's not already been installed by XF4;  however,
this leads to problems:

You can't upgrade Mesa/glut properly if you are using XF4, since a newer
version of glut would require the updated glu, right?  So in order to
update Mesa I have to remove the headers and libs provided by X and then
force glu/MesaLib to install.

These packages only install relatively small number of headers and
libraries -- would it be desastrous to rename the files installed by X
and install the required updated files through the package?  Maybe an
'@uninstall' directive could then move the original files back upon
pkg_delete?

Also, currently neither glu nor glut install examples and demos --
should we create a separate package for this or should 'Mesa' install
these, too?

-Jan

--
chown -R us.enemy your_base