Subject: Re: @unexec ${INSTALL_INFO} not working?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/15/2002 11:46:48
On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 10:39:01PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I think it is missing @dircategory and @direntry fields. I looked in
> bc.texi and bc.info. Is this normal?

It's not uncommon.

> I see the .texi files are not used at all (just included with source). The
> info files are simply copied into place.
>
> Should I patch it? Or is there someway for this to fix itself?

Just patch them.

> I think I could fix this by adding the entries to the texi files, then
> using a pre-install target to run ${MAKEINFO}. But what would the
> @dircategory be for bc and dc?
> And what would the @direntry be for bc and dc?

Please avoid running ${MAKEINFO} -- it won't change on different
pkgsrc users machines, just add two patches (or one for the info
file).
For the entries, perhaps
@dircategory Mathematics
@direntry
* bc: (bc).		An arbitrary precision calculator language.
@end direntry

but perhaps you can come up with something better :)
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at
Main Rule of Usenet:  Never argue with idiots.  They drag you down to