Subject: GNU Smalltalk vs. pkgsrc....
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/15/2002 00:19:04
I don't know if I've done something subtle here to break GNU Smalltalk
on my system, or not, but I'm having trouble building it.  The exact
error has scrolled off my screen but basically one of the makefiles
(libgst I think) was confused by the "-L/usr/pkg/lib" somehwere and
thought it was a target.

I gave up on 2.0.3 and tried updating to 2.0.8, which was released
tonight, but it fails in a similar way too.

Worse though, if I build 2.0.8 outside of pkgsrc it dies with a SIGBUS
early in its startup (which I've reported in detail to the maintainers).

(There's also a minor issue with a missing ALT_DIGITS in our langinfo.h)

--
								Greg A. Woods