Subject: pkg/etc/rc.d and /etc/rc.donf (Was: Re: BIND DoS and remote compromise issues)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sebastian Krohn <seb@gaia.sunn.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/13/2002 22:19:37
Hi everyone!

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> OK, I just noticed that pkg_add added "named9" in /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d.
> I could copy that to /etc/rc.d, but then how do I get named9 to
> launch? Do I simply say "named=NO" and "named9=YES" in /etc/rc.conf?

This came up in tech-security ...

Now i've wondering why the bootup-scripts doesn't search this directory
just like /etc/rc.d/ too?

It would be much more nicer than move the scripts from /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d
to /etc/rc.d everytime i install a new package or even link it with
/etc/rc.d. (i normally do so)

comments?

/Sebastian

(maybe it's a little bit off-topic here?)

--
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, |  Sebastian Krohn
if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all   |  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^