Subject: Re: alternate pkg tree
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/09/2002 12:28:55
On Sat, 9 Nov 2002 11:47:40 +0100
Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net> wrote:

> The easiest is probably to build binary packages, as someone else
> mentioned. I.e., just use "make package" instead of "make
> install". After that your "recipe" for switching over to the new
> packages would be something like:

Yes, this is the easiest way probably. Though, using mksandbox you will
have to do several stages by hand, isn't it? (I do not know enough about
it)... consider trying pkg_comp ;) You can tell to it which packages you
want to build and generate tgz's and all will be automated hehe.

> James> Should Packages.txt be updated to mention this script?

As I have seen, it already tells you how to setup a sandbox but it does
not mention mksandbox, which will automate the process.

Regards

--
Julio Merino (http://jmmv.dyndns.org/) <jmmv@menta.net>