Subject: Re: packages writing files out of LOCALBASE
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/02/2002 16:49:07

On 2 Nov 2002, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> I'd very much prefer that the bash package be left alone. I like it
> that it updates /etc/shells for me and would prefer that it not be
> altered in that regard.

Just to clarify this:

I suggested an option for choosing whether outside of localbase can be
written to. And we can use the default as it is now.

This had nothing to do directly with bash. It would be nice to toggle an
option that applies for all packages to not install/modify files out of
the localbase.

(I generally agree it is nice that /etc/shells -- and other system
configs -- are modified for me.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/