Subject: Re: pkgsrc/mk patch for solaris
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/27/2002 20:58:51
On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 02:48:57PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Sunday, October 27, 2002 at 19:29:39 (+0100), Manuel Bouyer wrote: ]
> > Subject: pkgsrc/mk patch for solaris
> >
> > I still need the attached patch on Solaris, because, I guess, of
> > differences between solaris and NetBSD /bin/sh.
> > It doesn't seem to cause any problems on NetBSD.
> >
> > Should I commit it ?
>
> A better fix might be to fix nbmake so that when built on SunOS it does
> "The Right Thing(tm)" for the native /bin/sh when it expands variables
> with the ':Q' modifier.

To me it doesn't look like a problem with :Q, but with a problem in the
way the shell handles its arguments in the shell. This would probably
have to be done for each variable expantions that contains spaces,
and I'd really prefer if no magics was hidden in make for this.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>