Subject: Re: download-vulnerability-list bug?
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/21/2002 13:25:35
>I will buy a beer for the developer who can get a whole
>"vulnerabilities" line entry into 5 (== 8 - 3) characters.  In fact,
>I'll be generous, and won't count the newline character at the end.

i don't need to.  all i need to do is add a vulnerability, spell it
wrong, and get you to correct it.  guiness, please.  :)

that said, perhaps mispelling and the like should be commented out and
replaced, instead of corrected.  that way the file size is
"guaranteed" to grow.

or perhaps the process that puts the vulnerabilities file at download
point on ftp.nebsd.org could also make a vulnerabilities.cksum file?
it would be really small, and could guarantee downloads weren't
corrupted.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."