Subject: Re: download-vulnerability-list bug?
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/21/2002 16:00:19
On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:55:34PM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> >> 	i know the above comment, however, i don't think it actually work well.
> >> 	please look at the message which started the thread again.
> >> 	for instance, if the previous person who have committed the file has
> >> 	N letters in his netbsd.org account (like "christos", 8 letters)
> >> 	and the next person who commits has M letters (like "agc", 3 letters),
> >> 	a dummy garbage has to be added if the commit adds less than
> >> 	N-M letters???  i don't think it a reasonable rule.
> >
> >I will buy a beer for the developer who can get a whole
> >"vulnerabilities" line entry into 5 (== 8 - 3) characters.  In fact,
> >I'll be generous, and won't count the newline character at the end.
>
> 	you don't seem to understand what i'm talking about.
> 	when you change some URL in the vulnerabilities list (for instance),
> 	you need to make sure that the URL gets 6 letters longer than before,
> 	at least, in the above case.

I'd refer you to the following revision of the pkg-vulnerabilities file:

revision 1.52
date: 2001/06/06 23:46:35;  author: wiz;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1
Add comment line to grow file size to be bigger than v1.49 again.
The added line should be deleted during the next update and has been
kept short for that reason.

Regards,
Alistair