Subject: OpenOffice fails with undefined ref to XOpenDisplay
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/2002 12:45:39
(subject changed to follow new issue)

>Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:
>> But thanks for pointing out the 'test: -O2' -- now if I take out CFLAGS
>> and CC of /etc/mk.conf, it starts to build.
>
>Hrumph.  Now it builds and builds and then craps out lateron trying to
>link some binary.  Buildlog at
>http://guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/oo.out
>
>It seems, somewhere along the lines a '-Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib' is missing.
>Now to go and find where...

Greetings, I just ran in to this exact problem today with my build
of OpenOffice on NetBSD 1.6-release/i386.  The make breaks in the
same spot with the same error :/ This is with pkgsrc sup'd yesterday.

If you figure out the work-around for this I would love to hear it :)

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz, GCUX                                          510-785-8949
Work of Stone                                     http://www.workofstone.com