Subject: mail/fetchmail, libtool, and buildlink
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jon@helios.bullers.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/25/2002 09:37:51
While rebuilding fetchmail on a pretty clean (pkg wise) system, I
got this:

     ===> Applying NetBSD patches for fetchmail-5.9.13
     ===> Buildlinking for fetchmail-5.9.13
     eval: /usr/pkg/bin/libtool: not found
     eval: /usr/pkg/bin/libtool: not found
     sed: /usr/pkgsrc/mail/fetchmail/work.sparc/.buildlink/.tmp/inst/libintl.la: No such file or directory
     *** Error code 1

     Stop.

I assume this is because there is no DEPENDS on libtool in fetchmail,
but there should be.  While building imap-uw, libtool-base was
unpacked but not installed.  (I killed it because some more important
stuff came up.)  I then went back to fetchmail and it built fine.

If my analysis is correct, can someone confirm it so I can commit
it? (Or commit it themselves? I don't want my name on the broken
package build list 8^)

Jon