Subject: unacceptable license breaks build
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/25/2002 11:13:42
Hi,

Yes, of course if I don't accept the license of a package, it can not be
built.  However, if I don't accept the license of a package that the one
I want to build depends on, the build-process should not continue, I
think.

Example:
math/cassowary depends on devel/gtl

devel/gtl is no-commercial-use

If I don't accept that license, and type 'make' in math/cassowary, it
briefly states that gtl has an unacceptable license, but then continues
to build, which of course fails due to unmet dependencies.

IMHO, 'make' should stop rather than try to build it anyway.  Right?

-Jan

--
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million
for good thinking, yeah?"