Subject: Netscape 7
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/19/2002 18:47:12
Hello all,

I just imported www/netscape7, containing Netscape's
Browser-Mail-Newsreader-AIM-ICQ-monster.

The previous packages for netscape contained rather complex Make-magic,
as this package is available and may need modification for various
platforms and architectures.

As I only have access to Linux and NetBSD i386, this package is, for the
time being, only for those platforms.  If you have access to another
platform, please test the package and try to modify it for your needs.

The Makefile-magic in this package is hopefully easier than in the other
packages:

For each Operating System and architecture, there should be a
Makefile.${OPSYS}.${ARCH}, containing the necessary changes.

The package is named 'netscape7-0' rather than 'netscape-7.0' so as not
to conflict with other netscape packges.

On Linux, the installation currently requires some interaction from the
user, as the installer (and the final binary) expects a few certain
libraries to be on the system.  I hope the instructions given in the
package are clear enough.  If you can think of a way to make this easier
or to automate this, please submit patches. :)

Well, that's all, I think,
-Jan

--
"When it's fall in New York, the air smells as if someone's  been frying
goats in it, and if you are keen to breathe the best plan is to open a