Subject: Re: rc.d scripts and there variable settings (was: CVS commit: sharesrc/share/man/man5)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/05/2002 00:46:12
On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 10:33:18PM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> This is what I don't like about the current installation of a package.
>
> I want to use a package package in the future, but not right now, so
> I install it and then I get a lot of warnings about unconfigured variables
> during the next boot.

set RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR to something like /etc/pkg/rc.d and use something like:

rc_rcorder_flags=`echo /etc/pkg/rc.d/*`
rcshutdown_rcorder_flags=`echo /etc/pkg/rc.d/*`

in rc.conf.

of course, this only works with packages which are written to do RCD
stuff properly, and quite a few aren't.

> Oh, and btw, we do not remove these rc.d scripts during a pkg delete.

only in broken packages which do not use bsd.pkg.install.mk (see above).
it's on my list of things to fix.

g.