Subject: Re: RFC: new variable SUGGESTS, Part II
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/04/2002 07:47:19
On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 12:33, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> A few examples that I had in mind:

  Okay, I C.

> TAKE_SUGGESTS can be set to YES, NO, and ASK.  YES accepts all
> suggestions, NO rejects all.  ASK makes 'make' ask for every single
> suggestion.  Did you not notice the 'ASK' option?

  I was more thinking along the lines of automation.  It might be useful
to be able to automatically take suggestions for certain packages while
not taking others.

  Take a look at gnome, for example.  I tend to build packages like this
unattended, because it takes several hours.  To be able to specify which
suggestions to include automatically might be a plus.

> Anyway, thanks for your feedback.  If this really is superflous, I'll
> simply disagree and shut up. :)

  Not at all.  My response may have sounded harsher than it was intended
to be ...

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene