Subject: Re: pkg/17731: Avoid un-nedded steps in pkgtools/digest
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/26/2002 11:40:55
> >Synopsis:       Avoid un-nedded steps in pkgtools/digest

> 	The package pkgtools/digest does not need the patch and configure
> 	steps, so they can be avoided.

> +NO_PATCH=       # defined
> +NO_CONFIGURE=   # defined

I don't see it documented in Packages.txt (but I do see in mk/bsd.pkg.mk).

If I understand this correctly, then this is just to save a little time.

So should all packages that don't have a ./configure use "NO_CONFIGURE"?

And all packages that don't have patches should use "NO_PATCH"?

If so, I should send-pr this for net/gethost (no ./configure) and
net/md-whois (no ./configure and no patches).

What other steps can be skipped? (And where is this documented?)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/