Subject: _usr_pkg_bin_gmake: not found
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/23/2002 10:24:52
I see this when compiling from pkgsrc, specifically GNOME stuff.  I'm
not sure if it's harmful, but I do find it disheartening.

checking whether make is GNU Make... _usr_pkg_bin_gmake: not found
no

the problem shows up in the following configure.in code:

AC_MSG_CHECKING(whether make is GNU Make)
STRIP_BEGIN=
STRIP_END=
if $ac_make --version 2>/dev/null | grep '^GNU Make ' >/dev/null ; then
        STRIP_BEGIN='$(strip $(STRIP_DUMMY)'
        STRIP_END=')'
        AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
else
        AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
fi
STRIP_DUMMY=
AC_SUBST(STRIP_DUMMY)
AC_SUBST(STRIP_BEGIN)
AC_SUBST(STRIP_END)

I don't understand m4 very well, but from what I can tell, $ac_make
doesn't seem to be set correctly by AC_PROG_MAKE_SET.  should I worry?