Subject: Re: NetBSD tags in package files
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/15/2002 10:12:40
On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 03:05:58AM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:
> is the MESSAGE file in a package supposed to have a $NetBSD$ tag?
> I have not found a trend in my copy of pkgsrc, some packages have it,
> some don't.

The MESSAGES should look like this:

--begin
$NetBSD$

Some text here.
Possibly more lines

--end

So yes, they should contain an RCS Id.

Some time ago I made a pass through pkgsrc to make all of them look
like that, but it could be that I missed some, and probably some were
imported after that.

> For DESCR I found only two packages with this tag, pkgtools/pkgconflict/DESCR
> and textproc/xerces-p/DESCR.

I removed those, since generally, DESCR files don't have them.
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at
Intolerance is the last defense of the insecure.