Subject: Re: Trouble configuring openssh 3.4p1
To: Carrie Jones <carrie@cjones.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/10/2002 16:08:05
On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 10:57:26AM -0600, Carrie Jones wrote:

> I am trying to compile openssh 3.4p1 on an intel machine. All the
> prerequisites are recently installed (with package source from yesterday).
> When I try and install the openssh, the config program comes back with
> this about half way through:
>
> checking whether getpgrp requires zero arguments... yes
> configure: error: *** Can't find recent OpenSSL libcrypto (see config.log
> for details) ***
>
> [snip]
>
> I looked at the config.log and unfortunetly couldn't make head of tails of
> it, but I have included it as an attachment. Any ideas where I should
> start?

The config.log file doesn't seem to be attached to your email.  Could you
please send it to me privately?  I'll also need the following information:

    (1)	What release of NetBSD are you running (uname -a)?

    (2)	What are the contents of /etc/mk.conf, if any?

    (3)	What are the contents of the following two directories?

	(3a) pkgsrc/security/openssh/work/.buildlink/include
	(3b) pkgsrc/security/openssh/work/.buildlink/lib

    (4)	What is the result of "pkg_info openssl"?

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>