Subject: Re: Update ghostscript?
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/10/2002 16:08:58
[ On Wednesday, July 10, 2002 at 10:01:24 (-0700), Johnny C. Lam wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Update ghostscript?
>
> Yes, since it's not a "leaf" package, we're not updating it until after
> pkgsrc has been branched.  The ghostscript packages will be undergoing
> some pkgsrc-structural changes when they are eventually updated (shortly
> after the branch).

Hopefully the variant of 'gs' I provided in PR#16059 will be included in
this re-org!  I find it very nice to have a 'gs' that isn't bloated with
zillions of printer drivers I'll _never_ need!  (I only use 'gs' for my
X11 displays, to convert PDF's to PS, and to produce image format output
-- I have a real PS printer for producing paper output! :-)

Let me know if you need any help in updating or testing it for a new 'gs'.

--
								Greg A. Woods